Can you imagine sinking your teeth into crispy chocolate peanut butter cookies and being surprised with a deliciously soft and creamy chocolate peanut butter filling on the inside?
Well, that’s what these cookies are all about.
These bite sized cookies have a crunchy texture and it complements perfectly to the soft chocolate peanut butter filling in the center.
These would be perfect for chocolate and peanut butter lovers. Peanut butter is not only as used as the cookie filling but is also added to the cookie dough. And so is chocolate, it’s in both the cookie dough as well as the filling.
And making these cookies is not that hard. I would not say it is super simple either mostly because of the soft peanut butter filling, but with the right techniques, you should be able to make these easily.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Centers
Peanut butter filling
The peanut butter filling is soft but not sticky. Still, it is quite a challenge to put it into the cookies and the most effective way to work with the filling is to chill it until it is hard. And to make sure the filling is consistent in all cookies, I scooped it out using my measuring spoon . Since my cookies were bite sized, I used half a teaspoon measurement of filling for each of my cookies. Once scooped, I formed them into round balls with my palms and chilled them until they were hard. I made these in batches and took them out of the fridge, one batch at a time so that they don’t become soft again at room temperature.
The cookie dough
For the chocolate dough, to make sure the cookie sizes were consistent, I also used a measuring spoon to scoop it out. And for these, I used a full teaspoon measurement. For each scoop of dough, I rolled it a smooth ball, made a deep dent in the center, filled in one ball of chilled peanut butter filling in the center and carefully pinched the cookie dough to cover the filling. And I flattened these cookies slightly before putting them on a cookies tray for baking.
Baking the cookies
Given the rather small size of the cookies, baking time for them is not long. It took approximately 8 to 10 minutes for mine to bake to a batch of crispy chocolate peanut butter cookies.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Centers – Recipe
Here is the full, printable version of my chocolate peanut butter cookies with chocolate peanut butter centers recipe:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Centers
- 190 g plain flour sifted
- 45 g cocoa powder sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 90 g granulated sugar
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 120 g butter
- 60 g peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 160 g peanut butter
- 30 g chocolate melted
- 100 g icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Prepare baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together and keep them aside.
- In a clean bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and both the white and brown sugars until creamy. Add the egg and continue beating until it is well incorporated.
- Next, add vanilla essence and beat for about 15 seconds, followed by the sifted dry ingredients. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated, and the dough comes together, soft.
- To make the filling, melt chocolate over a bowl of hot water or in a microwave. Leave it to cool.
- In a separate bowl, add the peanut butter, the melted chocolate and icing sugar and mix until the filling comes together.
- Using a ½ teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop the filling out onto a plate. Shape each scoop into a round ball before placing them in the fridge to chill.
- To assemble the cookies, scoop 1 teaspoon of cookie dough, form it into a round ball and make a deep dent in the center. Place one chilled filling ball in the center and cover the dent by pinching the cookie dough together.
- With very light pressure, roll the cookie with your palms until its round. Place on a lined baking tray and flatten slightly with your fingers. Repeat the process bearing in mind not to place the cookies to close to another as they will spread during baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes until done. Once baked, let them cool slightly on the baking tray before transferring them into a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place cooled cookies in an airtight container. The cookies can last up to 2 weeks if stored properly.
If you have any comments or queries, please leave them in the section below. I will revert as soon as I can.
Happy Decorating 🙂
Pin this for later here: