I love oatmeal cookies. These easy oatmeal cookies are not only delicious, they are easy to make too!
These cookies often make me feel less guilty eating them compared to all the other types of cookies and that is simply because oatmeal is healthy food.
Combined with the fact that this easy oatmeal cookie recipe is a rather basic oatmeal cookie recipe with only chopped almonds added as the extra ingredient, these are definitely the cookies to turn to when one feels like eating cookies without any guilt.
Easy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe Video
Check out my video on how to make these super easy, guilt free oatmeal cookies:
The ingredients for this cookies are pretty basic. I have added chopped roasted almonds into the batter for the extra crunch in the soft chewy texture of the cookies. To roast the almonds, I chopped them into small chunks and then pan roasted them over very low heat until they are slightly browned and crunchy.
The best part about this recipe is that it can be adjusted to make chewy cookies and all the same, crunchy cookies. The recipe below is for the soft and chewy version but if you are not a fan of soft cookies and prefer crunchy ones instead, you can have crunchy oatmeal cookies with this recipe by reducing the size of the cookies when baking and increasing the baking time.
Whichever variant you choose, you are definitely going to be hooked on to this super easy oatmeal cookie recipe. Try it and let me know how you find it!
- For crunchy cookies, reduce the cookies size from 1 tablespoon to 1 teaspoon. Form them into balls and flatten the cookie dough with a fork as usual and reduce the baking time to about 7 minutes.
- Baking time and oven temperature may vary. I would suggest that you follow the baking temperature you normally use to bake cookies. Please also note that the cooking time will ultimately depend on the thickness of your cookies as well as the size. The baking time and temperature provided in this recipe are based on my oven setting.
Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Here is the full, printable version of the easy oatmeal cookie recipe:
- 90 g plain flour
- 75 g oatmeal
- 150 g brown sugar
- 50 g chopped almond roasted
- 100 g butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Prepare 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Sieve flour and keep it aside.
- Lightly roast the chopped almonds and let them cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the egg and continue beating until it is well incorporated.
- Next, add salt and vanilla essence to the creamed mixture and continue to beat for about 15 seconds, followed by the rest of the ingredients – the flour, oats and the chopped almonds. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- To bake the cookies, take about 1 tbsp of dough and shape into round balls. Place the balls onto a lined baking tray. Repeat the process bearing in mind not to place the cookies to close to another as they will spread during baking.
- Press the top of each cookie lightly with a fork dipped in flour to flatten them slightly.
- Bake the cookies for about 9 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius. Remove from the tray and cool them on wire rack. These cookies can be eaten warm or can be stored for or up to one week in an airtight container.
Hope you like this recipe. Please leave your thoughts on this recipe below.
Happy baking 🙂