If you love Snickers and cheesecake, this baked Snickers cheesecake will be a perfect dessert for you. Even if you don’t particularly love them, this cheesecake will definitely change your mind.
With a lovely thin cookie crust, soft creamy cheese and Snickers chocolate filling and decadent caramel and chocolate drizzle topping, these mini Snickers cheesecakes are almost impossible to resist.
The taste is absolutely heavenly too. The combination of the rich and creamy cheese filling, chocolate, and caramel with crunchy peanuts in the Snickers chocolate filling is indeed a perfect match in this cheesecake.
I baked this Snickers cheesecake in cupcake casings, so they effectively mini cheesecakes. They are adapted from my mini cheesecakes recipe. The good thing about baking mini cheesecakes in individual cupcake sizes is that they are super easy to serve. No messy cutting. Which then makes them super convenient to serve at parties. The con is that it takes a slightly longer time to make the mini cheesecakes in individual cups as you need to fill up individual cupcake casings one by one. I find it definitely worth the trouble for the convenience of having them ready in serving sizes. Plus the mini cheesecakes look pretty in small round shapes!
This is a baked cheesecake recipe and makes 12 mini Snickers cheesecakes. Depending on the size of your cupcake casings, the final number of mini cheesecakes you get might differ. This Snickers cheesecake can also be baked as a single large cheesecake in a 7 inches round tin. If you want to bake a larger cake, double the recipe and bake it in a 9 inches round springform tin.
How to Make and Assemble Snickers Cheesecake
Ingredients for the Snickers cheesecake:
- Oreo cookies
- Melted butter
- Cream cheese
- Whipping cream
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla Essence
- Snickers chocolate
- Salted caramel
- Chocolate ganache
- Snickers chocolate
Making the Snickers cheesecake crust
- Crush the Oreo cookies along with its filling to a fine crumb. You can do this by placing your cookies in a ziplock bag and using a rolling pin to crush them (by rolling on them or lightly hitting them) or by processing them cookies in a food processor.
- Add melted butter and mix them well until the crumbs are all wet. There is no need to add sugar to the crust as the Oreo cookie filling is sufficiently sweet.
- Drop one tablespoon of the crumbs into each cupcake casing.
- Press the cookie crumbs down firmly with a rolling pin (the ends), or with a spoon. Set the prepared crust aside.
Making the Snickers cheesecake filling
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream cheese until soft and creamy (about 30 to 60 seconds the most). Scrape the sides of the bowl at least twice.
- Combine the granulated sugar, salt, and flour in a small bowl and add it to the cream cheese. Beat for about 20 seconds.
- Add egg and vanilla essence and beat again for another 20 seconds, scraping the bowl at every 10 seconds interval.
- Keep to the mixing time indicated. If you see tiny specks of cheese in the batter at this point in time, it is perfectly fine. Overbeating will add too many air bubbles into your batter and that can result in a cheesecake with unsightly bubbles on the surface when baked.
- Fold in the cream with a spatula. Mix until well combined.
Assembling & baking the Snickers cheesecake
- Chop Snickers chocolate into small pieces. I used mini Snickers and chopped each bar into a 1 cm size.
- Drop 3 chopped pieces into each prepared cupcake casings.
- Top with the cheesecake batter until almost full.
- Drop another piece of chopped snickers chocolate on top.
- Bake the Snickers cheesecakes at 150 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Once baked, let them rest in the oven for about 10 minutes before removing them.
- Let them cool to room temperature before chilling them for at least 4 hours (overnight is preferred) before peeling the cupcake casings off.
- When peeling the casings, start by pulling the sides first before removing the bottom.
Snickers Cheesecake topping
- Fill chocolate ganache and caramel sauce into 2 separate piping bags. Cut a tiny hole at the ends.
- Pipe them in zig-zag patterns on the cheesecakes.
Storing the mini Snickers cheesecakes
- Keep the cheesecakes chilled all the time. The cakes can last in the fridge for a good 4 to 5 days. Store them in a container to avoid the cakes from drying while in the fridge.
Snickers Cheesecake Recipe Notes
Do not over mix the cheesecake batter
- Beating the cheesecake filling for too long will tend to incorporate too many air bubbles into the batter. These air bubbles will create an unsightly bubbly surface on your cheesecake when baked.
- To ensure your cheesecakes have a smooth surface, keep to the mixing time indicated in my recipe. For optimum results, make sure the cheese is at room temperature so that it can be creamed at a faster rate than cold cream cheese.
Reduce baking temperature
- I bake my cheesecakes at about 10 degrees Celsius lower than the temperature I use for normal cakes. This is so that my cheesecakes do not crack due to high heat. This has always produced perfectly baked cheesecakes for me, so this is something you might want to consider when baking cheesecakes.
Use the lowest rack in the oven
- This is another tip to avoid cheesecakes from cracking, be it full-sized cheesecakes or mini cheesecakes.
- Placing the cakes in the lowest rack helps in avoiding the cake tops from being too near to heat and also prevents the tops from over-browning.
Water bath baking
- Water bath or bain-marie is a baking technique where a dish of water is placed in the oven when baking. The steam from the water in the hot oven helps keep the oven moist and this technique is particularly required when baking cheesecakes.
- One reason for cheesecakes to crack when baking is lack of moisture in the oven. A water bath is one way to avoid the cracks.
- For these mini Snickers cheesecakes, simple place a small dish of water on the oven floor and bake the cakes as usual.
Disable the “fan” function in your oven
- If cracked cheesecakes is a problem for you, this is another tip you can consider. If your oven comes with a fan function, try disabling it.
Do not over bake the cakes
- An important tip for perfectly creamy cheesecakes is to not overbake them. Overbaked cheesecakes not only tend to crack, they tend to have a rubbery texture too.
- To avoid this, keep to the baking time indicated in the recipe. For full-sized cheesecakes, to test if the cheesecakes are done, press the edges of the cheesecake. If it is firm when pressed, the cakes are done. Ideally, the sides should be firm but the center still wobbly.
- For mini cheesecakes, this might be a little difficult as the surface of the cheesecakes is small. So suffice if you keep to the baking time as indicated in the recipe.
Making full sized Snickers cheesecake
- If you wish to bake a full-sized Snickers cheesecake instead of mini-sized cheesecakes, the recipe indicated below can be prepared in a 7 inches round cake tin. Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- If you wish to bake an even larger cheesecake, double the recipe and bake it in a 9 inches round cake, Increase the baking time to about 65 to 70 minutes until the sides are firm and the center of the cheesecake still wobbly.
Mini Snickers Cheesecake Recipe
Here is the full printable version of my Snickers cheesecake recipe. And while you are at it, don’t forget to read up my recipe notes just above. The notes will help you make the best cheesecakes every single time!
- 100 g Oreo cookies with filling
- 30 g butter melted
- 450 g cream cheese
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 20 g flour
- 60 g whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 200 g Snickers Chocolate chopped
Topping & Garnish
- Salted caramel
- Chocolate ganache
- Snickers Chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 150°Celsius.
- Place cupcake casings in a muffin tray.
- Crush the Oreo cookies to a fine crumb. Mix in the melted butter to moisten the crumbs.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the crumbs into each cupcake casing. Press down firmly with the back of a small spoon or the ends of the small rolling pin. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream softened cream cheese until creamy for 30 to 60 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a small bowl and add into the creamed cheese. Beat for 20 seconds until the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla essence and eggs and beat for another 20 seconds, scraping the bowl after every 10 seconds.
- Fold in the cream.
- Chopped the Snickers chocolate into about 1cm sizes. Drop 3 pieces into each prepared cupcake casings. Top with the cream cheese fililng until almost full. Place one piece of chopped Snickers in the centre.
- Bake the mini cheesecakes in the lowest rack in the oven with a water bath for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, let them rest in the oven for about 10 minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chill the cheesecakes for at least 4 hours.
- Gently peel off the paper cupcake casings, starting from the sides and then the bottom.
- Fill chocolate ganache and salted caramel into separate piping bags. Cut a tiny hole at the ends. Drizzle each Snickers cheesecake with chocolate gananch and caramel sauce.
And that’s my Snickers cheesecake recipe for you.
Here are my other recipes you might want to check out:
- Easy cheesecake recipe
- Baked lemon cheesecake with lemon curd
- Japanese cheesecake
- Baked Oreo strawberry cheesecake
- Classic New York Cheesecake
- Mini Christmas Cheesecake