Looking for an easy to make, simple brownies recipe? Well, it’s right here on this page!
I call this recipe simple because its the ingredients are simple and are mostly readily available at home – butter, sugar, eggs, flour, chocolate and almonds and also because this chocolate brownies are really very fast to make.
When I made this simple brownie batch, the whole process took me about 20 minutes, excluding the baking time. The baking time was not that long anyway, about 15 minutes so really, you can bake and get these chocolate brownies on the table in less than 1 hour.
How to Make Simple Chocolate Brownies – Video Tutorial
Check out my video on how to bake and decorate these easy chocolate brownies:
Like I mentioned earlier, this is a small batch brownie recipe. I baked them in a 7 inches square tin. If you want more, you can double the recipe and bake them in a 9 inches square cake pan .
- The ingredients I used in this recipe are pretty basic and I chose to add some pan-roasted chopped almonds in the batter for added texture and a little nutty crunch in every other bite. These nuts are really optional, so if you do not want to add nuts, it is perfectly alright.
- Since there is no baking powder or baking soda added to the batter, these brownies, do not rise. That explains their fudgy texture, which is a distinct feature of brownies.
Do not overbake
- An important tip to remember when baking these delicious chocolate treats is to make sure they are not over baked. Over baked brownies tend to be dry and cake-like and no longer have the fudge and moist texture.
- To test if they are ready, you can use the toothpick test. Insert a tooth in the center of your baked brownie, if it comes out clean, it’s over baked. It should ideally have some crumbs sticking to it. That is the right stage to remove your tin from the oven.
- This recipe yields moist and fudgy chocolate brownies with a beautiful crinkly top. They are really good to be served plain or if you want to make them look a little fancier, you can always decorate them. I chose to decorate mine with a light and simple drizzle of chocolate made using chocolate and butter.
- Oven temperature may vary depending on your oven. For mine, when I am following a recipe that requires a baking temperature of 180 degrees Celsius, I set my oven at 175 degrees instead of 180 degrees because that is the optimum temperature for my oven.
- It is also important to keep to the baking time as indicated. Baking too long will result in the brownies losing all the fudgy and chewy texture.
- To cool them, turn them over onto a wire rack, peel of the parchment paper and turn back so that the top is facing up and leave it to cool completely before frosting.
Simple Brownies Recipe
Here is the full, printable version of my simple brownies recipe:
- 100 g butter
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 7 g cocoa powder
- 65 g plain flour
- 30 g chopped almonds roasted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 20 g butter
- Pre heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 7 inch square cake tin with parchment paper.
- Roast chopped almonds in a pan without oil until lightly browned and leave them aside to cool.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a pan of hot water or in a microwave oven until both are just melted. Leave aside to cool.
- In a clean bowl, add caster sugar, salt and eggs and whisk until the mixture turns thick and foamy.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate into the egg mixture and continue beating until well combined.
- Add sifted flour and cocoa powder and beat briefly until the flour is well incorporated.
- Finally add vanilla essence and the roasted almonds and again, beat briefly until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 15 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
- To make the drizzle, melt chocolate and butter over a pan of hot water or in a microwave oven until melted. Cool the mixture before filling it into a piping bag and drizzling over the cooked brownies.
And that’s my simple brownies recipe for you.
Here are some of my other treats recipes you might like:
Happy baking 🙂
Pin this easy chocolate brownies recipe for later here: